Faelwen Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Pern RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The Story

It's be nearly 600 turns since the 9th Pass came and went. That pass was suppose to be the last. Records show that somehow our ancestors actually managed to knock the Red Star off course so Thread would no longer plague our planet. Pern has not had it easy though. Tempers flare between the Northern and Southern Continents and a plague killed most of our precious dragons. Now, the Red Star is becoming more prominent in the dawning sky. I can only hope it doesn't mean anything, but only the future knows.

Cbox
Affiliates
free forum

How Difficult Checks, (or DCs), Work

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Colie
Admin
Colie

Marks : 4806

Character sheet
Brawn:
How Difficult Checks, (or DCs), Work Left_bar_bleue10/10How Difficult Checks, (or DCs), Work Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Cunning:
How Difficult Checks, (or DCs), Work Left_bar_bleue10/10How Difficult Checks, (or DCs), Work Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Smarts:

How Difficult Checks, (or DCs), Work Empty
PostSubject: How Difficult Checks, (or DCs), Work   How Difficult Checks, (or DCs), Work I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:57 am

First of all let me state that DCs will not be used in normal role play threads. They are mainly for world plot or DM ran threads. I'm not saying you can't use them in normal threads, but it isn't necessary. If you do wish to use them in your own thread I highly suggest making a OOC thread in the Fate of the Dice section for the rolling.

How they work is fairly simple. Once a topic is made, the next message when written will have an option below the 'send' button called 'Dices Roll'. That option gives you a list of all the dice available and an option to roll a set amount of them. If you choose to roll the dice, an automatic message from the DM (should be Colie) will reply to your message with the result of your roll.

Whenever a DM or world plot thread calls for a DC roll the DM running the thread will post OOC in the thread and inform you that a DC is required and what stat will be used.

For Example:
Quote :
Aoife has gotten into a dagger fight with another rider. Roll a DC and add her Brawn score to the result to try and hit the attackers hand. The number to meet is 10.

Let's say Aoife rolls and her result is a 13. Since she doesn't have any points in Brawn, her result is just 13. Since that beats a 10, Aoife is successful in her attack.

Pretty simple, no?

Don't worry, if you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm going to try and find a way to automatically add the stat bonus to the dice roll, but for now you'll just have to add it manually.

Last edited by Colie on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://faelwen.rpg-board.net
Colie
Admin
Colie

Character sheet
Brawn:
Cunning:
Smarts:

PostSubject: Re: How Difficult Checks, (or DCs), Work   How Difficult Checks, (or DCs), Work I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:08 pm

This is to show how a roll of the dice works mechanically. In this thread I've opted to roll 1 d20. The result will be shown as soon as this message is submitted as a replying message.

Last edited by Colie on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Colie
Admin
Colie

Character sheet
Brawn:
Cunning:
Smarts:

PostSubject: Re: How Difficult Checks, (or DCs), Work   How Difficult Checks, (or DCs), Work I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:08 pm

The member 'Colie' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 7

Pretty bad roll, but you get the idea how it works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Difficult Checks, (or DCs), Work   How Difficult Checks, (or DCs), Work I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Difficult Checks, (or DCs), Work
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Faelwen Weyr :: Starting Point :: Game Mechanics-
Jump to: